Lately I have been thinking about what I can do for St. Patrick’s Day this year. I ran a few ideas through my hyper vigilant brain and none of them really hit home, so to speak. Then finally late last night I decided I would ‘Go Green with Gusto’ this year! Here are a few things I have decided to do, have a quick peek and go green with me.
1. Plant a herb garden along with your flowering plants.
3. Buy energy efficient electrical appliances. Look for the energy star!
4. Remember to switch off the lights in a room when going out.
5. Make a list of errands and do them all in one trip, conserving energy.
6. A difficult one forme is turning off my computer completely at night. Maybe you shall have more success than I do. Try it! I shall too!
7. Collect rainwater to water your plants.
12. Wash clothes in cold water as 85 % of energy goes towards heating the water.
13. Try to avoid spin drying clothes. Dry them on a line when the weather permits.
Go green with gusto! Save our planet!